PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS, OTHER THAN FROM OUR ESTABLISHED AUTHORS
We are looking for Authors who have a book to be published
Bretwalda Books Ltd is looking for new authors. Ideally we are looking for books in the subject areas we already cover, but we are open to all sorts of suggestions for books, so let your imagination run wild. Whether you want to write a novel, a book about yourself, a volume about your hobby, something about your local area or if you write poetry we want to hear from you. We operate what is known as a "maiden aunt policy". If I would not want my maiden aunt to read the book, we will not publish it.
For us to consider your book we would ask you to send us the following:
- The title of your book
- Your name and contact details
- A one sentence description of the type of book you have written. For instance "A romantic novel set on a farm in the 1970s" or "A history of the village of Badbury".
- A slightly longer synopsis of the book giving more detail - usually about 150 words. Think of it as the words that will appear on the back cover of the book
- A sample chapter of about 2,000 words, including a few samples of maps, photos or illustrations if appropriate.
- The date by which you think you will have the book finished (if you have not already done so).
Send the above information to us at email@example.com.
We will then assess the book to see if it fits in with our List and meets our standards. We may contact you to ask you for more details. We hold a regular Publishing Meeting about four or five times a year at which we discuss our future publishing plans and decide which books we will publish and which we will not.
Your book will be submitted to our next Publishing Meeting and we will be in touch with you after that.
Please note that we do not run wps files and must ask that manuscripts or samples are submitted as Word files.